Anderson-Shiro CISD's next election for the Board of Trustees will be May 7, 2022.
Locations for early voting and voting on election day will be:
Anderson Annex, 114 W. Buffington St, Anderson, TX
Iola Community Center, 7264 Main St, Iola, TX
Plantersville Town Hall, 11335 Lodge Ln, Plantersville, TX
Navasota Center, 101 Stadium Dr, Navasota, TX
Bedias Civic Center, 3652 Main St, Bedias, TX
Richards Fire Station, 11136 FM 149, Richards, TX
Positions on the ballot for ASCISD Trustee will be 3, 6, & 7. The first day to file for a place on the ballot is Wednesday, January 19, 2022. The last day to file for a place on the ballot is Friday, February 18, 2022 at 5:00pm. Physical address for filing applications in person for place on the ballot is:
ASCISD Central Administrative Offices
458 FM 149 West
Anderson, TX 77830
The qualifications required to file for candidacy are as follows:
- You must be a United States citizen; and
- You must be at least 18 years of age; and
- You must have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgement of a court; and
- You must have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities; and
- You must be a resident of the district for 6 months prior and a resident of the state for 12 months before the filing deadline; and
- You must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office; and
- If elected, Trustees must retain all qualifications while in office.
See the forms below for more information.