Connect with Tech (1:1) Initiative
Anderson-Shiro CISD is fully committed to providing the best education possible for your student. This includes, among many other important endeavors, a technologically-rich learning environment. Our district vision is:
Anderson-Shiro CISD values:
- Self-motivated learning
We will strive to cultivate a learning community that fosters innovation, appreciates individualism, and embraces creativity to inspire our students to take ownership of their future.
In order to fulfill this promise, ASCISD has embarked on a 1:1 digital initiative “Connect with Tech” in an effort to provide and promote 21st-century skills for all students. This initiative began with a pilot program focused on our 6th-grade students. These students began with a 1:1 program in their elementary classes. In the past two years, (2019-2020 and 2020-2021), we have expanded our program. ASCISD is now 1:1 with studens in Grades 2-12 having daily access to Chromebooks. Students in Grades 2-5 leave their Chromebooks at school, while students in Grades 6-12 will bring their Chromebooks home daily for charging.
The 1:1 Chromebook initiative allows several things to occur for the benefit of student learning, including:
- promoting student engagement and enthusiasm for learning,
- allowing students to be producers rather than just consumers of information,
- encouraging collaboration among students, teachers, parents, community members, and a global audience through interactive capabilities and opportunities,
- guiding students in their learning and production of knowledge, and
- allowing student access to information, along with an opportunity to connect it to their learning in a meaningful manner.